Friday, January 20, 2012
It Had Fins
The first car I ever owned was not the best one, but it was mine, after Dad sold it to me for a dollar. It was a 1959 Plymouth Savoy. It was your basic white, no carpets, no air, no radio not even a padded dash. Powered by a slant six cylinder engine and a standard transmission with a three-speed stick on the column. It didn't have much, but it had those awesome fins! I hand painted the grille and rims blood red to go with the zebra rear dash accessories Mom made for me. How proud I was of that car. She was something all right! I could go from zero to sixty in – well, lets just say it got me there. She is long since gone to car heaven, but I was reminded of her again when I saw the movie “Jaws”, because the creature had that awesome fin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment