Thursday, February 9, 2012

Al Gore is right!

Yes, Mr. Gore, I think you are right about this global warming thing. After watching your documentary, An Inconvenient Truth several years back, I was convinced that indeed our planet was changing. But then we had several severe winters with inordinate amounts of snow and ice over large parts of the nation and I began to doubt you.

Now here is the winter of 2011-2012 and it appears that the weather pattern has changed course. Much of the nation is enjoying a much warmer winter. So now maybe I am swinging back the other way, at least for now. I don't think most people mind having mild winters, but I'm afraid of what the summer is going to be.

Whether the weather is changing is still to be determined, but who knows, this could be a good thing for everyone but the polar bears and penguins! I doubt that any of us can do anything to stop the trend and who really knows for sure whether over the eons these changes have occurred many times before. So hey, lets learn to ride the weather roller coaster of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment